Wednesday, May 28, 2008

About myself

I am a young chap in my late twenties who is passionate about investing since 2003.

Currently I am working in a dead-end mundane silly job earning approximately S$75,000 per annum including all bonuses and allowances. I am unable to quit my job as I am bonded for 4 years as it sponsored my education and provided a monthly stipend during my university days.

I work 14 hours days and rarely get to see the sun. Weekends are also spent with work. My office colleagues are unfriendly and politics is everyone’s cup of tea. I believe it is due to punishing hours that made everybody upset. Most of my colleagues earn in excess of $100,000 per annum for the same work done. They know nothing about life outside work and most of them do not even have a brokerage account. They are leading a sad life.

I do not want to grow old and become like them. Hence I invest for a better future.

My interest is in investing and I aspire to build up a portfolio of 1 million dollars and get a recurring dividend income of 6% by 35 so I can happily find a relaxing job. The only way to achieve this aim is to work hard and invest prudently.

I invest in a variety of instruments such as unit trusts, stocks and foreign currencies mainly Australian dollars and Japanese Yen.

No comments: